Strong Legal Advocacy For Motorcycle Accident Victims
While a number of different factors, like weather or driver errors, can contribute to motorcycle accidents, in some cases, fixed objects being placed within a rider’s path can also result in serious motorcycle accidents. A specific and common example of these types of motorcycle accidents are open car door collisions in which occupants of passenger vehicles swing open their vehicles’ car doors and riders have little or no time to try to avert a collision with them.
Causes Of Open Car Door Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the factors that can increase the likelihood that open car door motorcycle accidents will take place include (but are not limited to):
- Vehicles being illegally parked (e.g., parked in lanes of traffic or in driveways)
- Vehicle occupants failing to check their side and rearview mirrors before opening the car’s doors
- Motorcycle riders riding closer to the right-hand side of the road when, for example, they plan on making an upcoming right-hand turn onto another street
- Poor weather conditions – like heavy rains or thick fog – that may obscure both riders’ and vehicle occupants’ ability to see each other
- Objects, debris or even other accidents on the road that may cause riders to need to veer off to the right, placing them closer to parked vehicles
Open Car Door Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When open car door motorcycle accidents occur, riders are likely to be flung from their motorcycles and, as a result, sustain serious injuries (particularly if they are going at faster speeds immediately before the collision). In such cases, some of the specific types of injuries that riders may sustain can include (but are not limited to):
- Head and/or traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Back and/or spinal cord injuries (which, in the worst cases, can result in paraplegia or quadriplegia)
- Bruising, cuts and/or burns
- Disfigurement and/or scarring (which can include the loss of digits (i.e., fingers or toes), hands and/or feet or even the partial or full loss of a limb)
- Severe nerve damage.
Consulting With Trusted Denver, Colorado, Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
At McDermott Law, LLC, our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers have been committed to aggressively defending the rights of motorcycle accident victims and helping them build the strongest possible cases for more than 20 years. While we are effective at standing up to insurance companies and defense lawyers outside of court, we are also fierce litigators in court when it is necessary to take a case to trial. In fact, our primary goals are to provide motorcycle accident victims with the best possible representation so that they are able to:
- Secure the maximum possible settlement for their injuries and losses
- Resolve their cases as favorably and efficiently as possible
- Focus on their recovery and moving on with their lives
You may have a personal injury case if you have suffered serious injuries (physical or emotional) as the result of another party’s negligence, accidental wrongdoing or strict liability. However, only a lawyer can determine if the facts of the case make it worth pursuing in court. The Denver personal injury and insurance dispute lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, can give honest legal advice to those who may have a case. For a case review, complete our contact form or call us at 303-964-1800 today.