Strong Legal Representation For Motorcycle Riders
According to the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles:
- Both lane sharing and lane splitting by motorcycle riders are illegal. While lane sharing is the practice of riding a motorcycle alongside of a car within the same lane in order to pass it, lane splitting involves riding motorcycles between two lanes of traffic in order to bypass traffic.
- Motorcycle riders can, however, “co-ride,” which is the practice of two motorcycles riding alongside of each other within a single lane of traffic.
When a lane sharing or lane-splitting motorcycle accident occurs in Colorado:
- Riders may be entitled to compensation for their medical bills, injuries, property damage, lost wages and mental anguish if another rider’s or driver’s negligence or recklessness caused – even in part – the accident (i.e., if another rider or driver attempts to pass a motorcycle rider by lane sharing or lane splitting).
- The compensation to which riders may be entitled can be decreased if the injured rider was himself the one responsible for the illegal lane sharing or lane splitting that led to the motorcycle accident.
Lane Sharing And Lane Splitting Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Some of the specific types of injuries that riders may sustain when they are involved in lane sharing or lane splitting motorcycle accidents can include (but are not limited to):
- Head injuries
- Mild to severe traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Serious nerve damage (In the worst cases, permanent nerve damage can cause paraplegia or quadriplegia.)
- Back and/or spinal cord injuries
- Bruising and/or lacerations
- Burn injuries
- Disfigurement and/or scarring (Examples of these types of motorcycle accident injuries can include the loss of fingers or toes, hands and/or feet or even the partial or full loss of an arm or leg.)
How The Denver, Colorado, Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a lane sharing or lane-splitting motorcycle accident – or in any type of motorcycle accident, it will be crucial that you work with an experienced attorney who will aggressively fight for your rights to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve. The Denver motorcycle accident lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, encourage you to learn more about your legal rights and entitlements by contacting us to set up a free Review of Denied Claims.
For more than 20 years, McDermott Law, LLC, has been dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims:
- Build the strongest possible cases
- Stand up to insurance companies and defense lawyers both inside and outside of the courtroom
- Secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries, medical bills and losses
When you choose to work with our respected legal professionals, you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible representation and that you have the best chances of resolving your case as efficiently and favorably as possible.
You may have a personal injury case if you have suffered serious injuries (physical or emotional) as the result of another party’s negligence, accidental wrongdoing or strict liability. However, only a lawyer can determine if the facts of the case make it worth pursuing in court. The Denver personal injury and insurance dispute lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, can give honest legal advice to those who may have a case. For a case review, complete our contact form or call us at 303-964-1800 today.