Attorneys Fighting For The Families Of Fatal Motorcycle Accident Victims
While riding motorcycles is a fun pastime for many (including for the founder of this law firm), a great way to save on gas and a smart alternative to driving when commuting to work, it can also increase an individual’s risk of sustaining serious, potentially life-threatening injuries.
- Motorcycles offer little to no protection from impacts with other cars or stationary objects.
- Motorcycles are not equipped with safety features – like the seat belts or air bags in passenger vehicles – that can protect riders in the event of a collision.
- Motorcycles weigh far less than nearly every other vehicle on the road, meaning that an impact with other vehicles (even when those vehicles are going at slow speeds) can have devastating effects on riders.
Fatal Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 4,612 motorcyclists died in fatal motorcycle accidents in 2011, the most recent year for which statistics are available. This marked an increase in the reported number of fatal motorcycle accidents that had occurred in both 2010 and 2009. Other interesting fatal motorcycle accident statistics include the following:
- Motorcycle riders are approximately 35 times more likely than drivers of other motor vehicles to be involved in fatal accidents (per mile traveled on the road).
- The number of fatal motorcycle accidents that occurred in 2011 represents about 15% of all fatal traffic accidents that took place in the U.S. However, only about 2% of all registered vehicles in the U.S. are motorcycles.
- While about 80% of all reported motorcycle accidents in the U.S. result in some kind of injury or in death, only about 30% of passenger vehicle accidents reportedly result in injury or death.
Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
When a fatal motorcycle accident occurs and has been caused – even in part – by another reckless driver or negligent party, the family of the deceased rider:
- Will likely have a wrongful death claim against the negligent party
- Can obtain compensation for their loved one’s burial and funeral costs, as well as for their own mental anguish and suffering, by following through with a motorcycle accident lawsuit.
Although no amount of money can ever truly compensate a family for the untimely loss of a loved one, compensation from a motorcycle accident and wrongful death lawsuit can provide a grieving family with the financial support it needs to get through such difficult times.
Consultations With Trusted Denver, Colorado, Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have lost a loved in a motorcycle accident – or if you have been injured in any type of motorcycle or scooter accident, the experienced Denver motorcycle accident attorneys at McDermott Law, LLC, will aggressively fight for your rights to compensation. For more than 20 years, we have been dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims and families build the strongest possible cases, stand up to insurance companies and defense lawyers, and ultimately secure the maximum possible settlements for their losses.
The Denver personal injury and wrongful death lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, can give honest legal advice to families grieving the loss of a loved one. For a case review, complete our contact form or call us at 303-964-1800 today.