Experienced Motorcycle Riders And Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When cars and motorcycles collide, riders have a significantly high risk of sustaining serious, potentially life-threatening injuries due to the facts that:
- Riders have little to no protection from the impacts of these collisions.
- Motorcycles are not equipped with safety features – like the seat belts or air bags in passenger vehicles – that can protect riders in the event of a collision. As a result, riders are likely to be thrown from their motorcycles when collisions with passenger vehicles occur.
- Given that motorcycles weigh substantially less than cars, an impact between motorcycles and cars – even when vehicles are going at slow speeds – can have devastating effects on riders.
In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Approximately 85% of all fatal motorcycle accidents that involved two or more vehicles were car versus motorcycle accidents.
- When car and motorcycle collisions resulted in death, about 98% of the fatalities affected motorcycle riders while only about 2% of the deaths involved the occupants of the passenger vehicles.
Causes Of Car Versus Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the factors that can contribute to the occurrence of car versus motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Drivers (or riders) failing to comply with traffic laws
- Drivers (or riders) operating their vehicles while intoxicated with drugs and/or alcohol
- Drivers (or riders) being distracted while operating their vehicles
- Defective equipment on the car or motorcycle (examples of such vehicle equipment failures can include tire failure, brake failure, steering problems, etc.)
- Dangerous road conditions (which can include icy roadways, objects or animals in the roads, obscured or a completed lack of signage, poorly marked lanes and/or a lack of guard rails on especially curvy roads)
- Poor weather conditions that can make roadways slick and/or reduce drivers’ or riders’ ability to see the road in front of them.
Meeting With Our Denver, Colorado, Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in a car versus motorcycle accident – or in any type of motorcycle accident, you will need an experienced lawyer who will defend your rights and help you secure the compensation you deserve. For more than two decades, the Denver motorcycle accident attorneys at McDermott Law, LLC, have been standing up to insurance companies and defense attorneys to help accident victims secure the maximum possible settlements for their injuries and losses.
Our dedication to helping motorcycle accident victims, as well as our extensive knowledge of personal injury law and our vast litigating experience, helps us consistently build victims the strongest possible cases. In fact, while we are highly effective negotiators in mediation and arbitration proceedings, we are also fierce litigators in court. By working with our respected legal professionals, you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible representation for your motorcycle accident claim and that you have the best chances of resolving your case as beneficially and efficiently as possible.
You may have a personal injury case if you have suffered serious injuries (physical or emotional) as the result of another party’s negligence, accidental wrongdoing or strict liability. However, only a lawyer can determine if the facts of the case make it worth pursuing in court. The Denver personal injury and insurance dispute lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, can give honest legal advice to those who may have a case. For a case review, complete our contact form or call us at 303-964-1800 today.