Denver Personal Injury And Insurance Dispute Attorneys
Every day, innocent people are injured or killed as a result of the negligence of others. These accidents happen in retail outlets, roads and highways, private residences, and countless other places. If you or a loved one has suffered serious physical injuries or emotional trauma as the result of another person’s actions, you may have a personal injury case.
If you have been injured or disabled on the job or because of another person’s negligence, you may be able to recover significant compensation. Colorado residents who may have a personal injury case should contact Denver personal injury and insurance dispute lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC. Our attorneys will aggressively defend your rights, represent you in court and help you recover a fair settlement.
A personal injury lawyer’s first task is to prove that the defendant is, in fact, responsible for the client’s injury. After responsibility has been established, the lawyer will seek damages on the client’s behalf. Monetary compensation can be sought for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, and other related costs.
Because personal injury cases are governed by the statute of limitations, it is important to act quickly. If you believe you have suffered as a result of another person’s mistake or negligence, contact Denver personal injury attorney and insurance dispute lawyer Shawn E. McDermott.
The lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, have extensive experience handling a wide variety of cases related to personal injury and insurance disputes:
- Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and ATV accidents: A person may have a case if he or she was injured, or a loved one was killed, as a result of the reckless or negligent actions of a motorist.
- Drunk driving accidents: Drunk drivers can cause serious injury or death of others. If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed as a result of a driver who demonstrated negligence by driving under the influence of alcohol, you can pursue damages.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: A dangerous accident can occur when the owner or manager of a property fails to keep it safe for visitors. Owners have the responsibility to maintain their property and to post warning signs alerting visitors to potential hazards. If a property owner is negligent, however, an unsuspecting person could, for example, slip on a wet floor and sustain a serious injury.
- Traumatic brain injury: Because severe head injuries can have far-reaching effects on a person’s quality of life, they have been allotted their own special category of law. Brain injuries can be caused by vehicle accidents, other traumatic events, medical malpractice and even medication use. If another person’s negligence caused you or a loved one to suffer a traumatic brain injury, you may be able to pursue a personal injury case.
- Wrongful death: A variety of situations can lead to the wrongful death of a loved one. A drunk driver, a fatigued trucker or an act of negligence by an individual can cause the death of innocent people. If a loved one was killed as the result of another person’s recklessness, you have the right to pursue damages.
A good personal injury/insurance dispute lawyer:
- Is dedicated to achieving the maximum monetary compensation for seriously injured clients
- Will protect your rights
- Will hold the defendant or defendants liable for the injuries they have caused
- Has extensive knowledge of personal injury law and has litigated a wide range of personal injury cases
- Devises numerous legal strategies to use when representing you
- Works on a contingency basis, which means you pay no legal fees unless you win your case
You may have a personal injury case if you have suffered serious injuries (physical or emotional) as the result of another party’s negligence, accidental wrongdoing or strict liability. However, only a lawyer can determine if the facts of the case make it worth pursuing in court. The Denver personal injury and insurance dispute lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, can give honest legal advice to those who may have a case. For a case review, complete our contact form or call us at 303-964-1800 today.