Injured In An ATV Or Scooter Accident? We Can Help.
All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and scooters can provide fun, economic alternatives to larger motor vehicles. However, when accidents occur on these smaller vehicles, riders may:
- Sustain serious injuries, as both ATVs and scooters offer little to no protection for riders in the event of a collision.
- Face an uphill battle with insurance companies whose agents may try to blame accident victims for the collision in order to try to deny payment on their legitimate claim.
After an ATV or scooter accident, it’s important for victims to keep in mind that:
- Their health and recovery from their injuries should be their primary concern.
- They have legal rights and may be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses if the ATV or scooter accident was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence or recklessness.
- Skilled ATV and scooter accident lawyers can fiercely defend their rights, stand up to insurance companies and help them obtain the compensation they deserve.
ATV And Scooter Accident Causes
Some of the factors that may cause ATV or scooter accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Other drivers or riders operating their vehicles recklessly (such as by intentionally trying to get into collisions or by failing to obey traffic laws when riding on roads)
- Other drivers or riders being intoxicated when operating their ATVs or other vehicles
- Equipment on the ATV or scooter malfunctioning and causing riders to lose control of their vehicles
Additionally, poor weather conditions – including snow storms, heavy rains or thick fog – can increase the risk of ATV and scooter accidents.
ATV And Scooter Accident Injuries
When ATV and scooter accidents take place, some of the injuries that riders may sustain can include (but are not limited to):
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck, back and/or spinal cord injuries
- Bruising, cuts and/or burns
- Loss of digits (fingers or toes), hands and/or feet
- Partial or full loss of a limb
- Serious or potentially permanent nerve damage (In the most severe cases, nerve damage can result in paraplegia or quadriplegia.)
Meeting With Experienced Denver, Colorado, ATV And Scooter Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in an ATV accident, a scooter accident or a motorcycle accident, you will need an aggressive, experienced Denver accident attorney who will fight for your rights and help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve. For more than 20 years, the Denver motorcycle accident lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, have been dedicated to:
- Building injured riders and accident victims the strongest possible cases
- Fiercely defending victims’ rights in any legal setting
- Helping victims obtain the maximum possible compensation for their injuries, medical bills, property damage, mental anguish and other losses
- Helping victims resolve their claims as efficiently as possible so they can focus on their recovery and moving on with their lives
Do I Have A Case?
You may have a personal injury case if you have suffered serious injuries (physical or emotional) as the result of another party’s negligence, accidental wrongdoing or strict liability. However, only a lawyer can determine if the facts of the case make it worth pursuing in court. The Denver personal injury and insurance dispute lawyers at McDermott Law, LLC, can give honest legal advice to those who may have a case. For a case review, complete our contact form or call us at 303-964-1800 today.